Saturday, November 04, 2006

Cu's for Everyone!

Australian Lore for the Day:
Wombats have some bizarre habits. They find the biggest thing they can squat over - usually a small rock - and then they deposit a steaming pile of green wombat poop. It's said that wombat crap stinks immensely - but I haven't gotten my nose down close enough to some of it to know if it's true.

Flight Report:

Today was another great day, base was just above 2300 meters, my best climb was at 6 m/s. Bob Saville had a 5+ hour flight, going north for 64km.

We used route 7 for our task - it is a 60k triangle. The house thermal right off launch is so reliable, I launched and climbed at 1000/ft min and set off on the course with Brian and Craig & Viv who were on a tandem.

My speed bar broke about 2 hours into the flight, it is a gloomy feeling when you are plummeting at 1200ft/min and can't use your speedbar. I got lower and hit a headwind, by now my bladder was about to burst, so I decided to land. Gary Clarkson was the only pilot I know that made the triangle.

I hitched back, getting a ride with a chap that put a chevy 357 motor in a older toyota land cruiser, and he converted the motor to run off LPG!. The AC was pumping cool air - it was a pretty sweet ride back to the LZ.

The picture is of Brian Webb, he flies fast so I had to get the shot of him early on!

Tomorrow looks good too, stay tuned, and more on the wombats to come.

G'day!

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ho steve - emily is still here quietly waiting to take you in her warm embrace, marcus however can still kick butt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home