Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cu 5 days Now

We have had beautiful Cu for 5 days in a row in Manilla - a few days it would OD in some areas, but on those days there are lots of opportunity for triangles and out and returns.

Yesterday we took the day off and moved into the New Zealand Team's house, nice place on a hill with an LZ next door. Today I flew a little over 3 hours, doing a 40km out and return towards Barabba. I found a big fat thermal under every cloud I went to, except one. We don't get this much friendly Cu back home, this is going to spoil me bad.

The Worlds starts tomorrow, this afternoon we had the opening ceremony, which consisted of a parade with all the different countries teams, and then an airshow with everything from a gyrocopter to a jet fighter.

Tomorrow we get to find out when free flyers can launch, my guess is we won't be launching until the launch window closes.

Stay Tuned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home