Thursday, February 26, 2009

Every once in a while

Every once in a while, when you fly your paraglider around in the sky, you get up high, way above the ground, and you look around you, and you think "I want to go there". And you point your toes in that direction and off you go.

And when you pick a place to go, it is usually more than just somewhere you want to be, it's usually is a spot where you think a nice big fat juicy thermal will be kicking off, which will then take you back up into the blue...

Today was just like that - I went where I wanted to go, and when I got there, there was a nice, big fat and friendly thermal waiting to take me back up into the sky... And it was like that from Noon on.

After 4pm I was getting tired, so I went to land, and the landing zone had a nice, big fat juicy thermal right over it so I took one last ride up until I was high enough to do a couple of tail slides... which is a interesting way to loose altitude (you actually fly backwards), and land sooner rather than later.

When I think that my entire flying kit takes up just one car seat of space, it blows my mind... this little bundle of gear is the coolest gizmo that can harness one of natures ultimate Free Rides...

Today's Flight is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home