Sunday, November 05, 2006

Route 7 is busting my balls

Australian Lore for the Day:
More about wombats: If you took a guinea pigs face and stuck it on an 80 pound grizzly bear, you would have an Australian common Wombat, not to be confused with the hairy nosed wombat, as they have a hairy pig's snout stuck on their face. Wombats are elusive little criters, but their poo is not - it's everywhere. Now on to the important stuff.

Flight Report:
To my mates back home - I miss the lot of you, but I can't say I miss the grey piss your sitting in... You shoulda been here!

We tried Route 7 again today, the 60k triangle, and I'm sick of Route 7! The first turn point is a bugger! You have to cross a big valley into the wind from a dying ridge line and you always seem to get there low just short of the bloody turnpoint - I came up 3k short. Heike came up 3k short too, but she, unlike myself, was able to grovel back into the sky and fly all the way back to the LZ, a 50k round trip.

I topped out over Mt Porepunkah at 2400 meters, 1300 ft/min on the averager. Nice Cu's again, especially in the afternoon, but it's drying out a little more each day.

Tomorrow should be another good day - we will pick a different task and see a different part of the valley.

Cheers from the Land Down Under

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger steve said...

relax young jedi, listen to the air, enjoy more, fly further!

Steve(working at working less)Forslund

 

Post a Comment

<< Home