Friday, November 13, 2009

Harness Tune Up

It's been very xc-able for days on end in Bright. I've flown the Impress II harness for 2 years, and it's a size medium. My sholder straps have felt tight after a few long flights, so I hung the harness up to investigate. I have the sholder straps as loose as possible, so I checked out other ways to reduce the pressure on the shoulder straps. The shoulder straps are routed through the chest strap, as is the leg straps, all are adjustable and affect the tension on the chest strap, so I tweeked them all....

Then I figured that the pod length would have an effect on the shoulder strap tension as the 2 major points of contact that determine overall length are your feet to your shoulders, so lengthening the 4 pod skirt straps should help. Then I noticed the low back adjustments had slipped at least 2 inches, and put them back where they were, which is as tight as possible.

From a lot of previous efforts, and for my body's CG, tightening the low back adjustment straps and loosening the upper skirt straps seem to be how to lower the nose of the impress, which seems to be a major challenge for anyone with a new Impress. Ballast under the seat board would help too.

I made a few little adjustments to the seat board and tail-bone area straps, and so I have fully contradicted the adage "adjust one thing at a time so you know what it does"... But that would take a whole season, unless you lived at Point of the Mountain.

The weather is changing, with some trough's moving in and South aloft, which can make for good or bad conditions, more unstable for sure. Stay Tuned..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home