Thursday, August 20, 2009

US NATS - Task 4

Much friendlier conditions today. We had an 89km task going south along the range, same course as T2, but a bit farther, ending at a tiny town called Lavan. NW winds were forcasted, but we had to use lots of bar all the time to go anywhere, although it was easier going in the beginning and harder at the end, which was opposite of what it was like for T2.

About 10 in goal, a bunch of us landed 10km short. I had a really good start for a change, and got to fly with the lead gaggle up until the end, where I didn't realize where goal was, which is something that sure helps... I think I was in the air for about 5 hours. I got to 11,500 a couple times, in some fast climbs.

Mads was in first, then Matty Senior. A whole lot of the usual suspects were not in goal today, so the scores should shift around quite a bit.

Tomorrow looks flyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home