Monday, December 25, 2006

What would Steve do?

The forecast was wrong - wrong, wrong, wrong, bad, bad, stupid. But what else is new? Never believe the forecast, it always changes at about 11:00 am anyway...

Mostly Sunny - that is what the forecast says it will be tomorrow. Should we believe it? YES! I believe it! I believe it! Please, please, please be right for once!!

There were tiny blue holes in the otherwise grey blanket hung over most of New South Wales today. It was quite cold, but that didn't stop people from lobbing themselves off the cliff. People from all over the world too. There were even thermals to be cored, but I just couldn't get myself to lobb, after all, I can do this kind of flying back home during the winter at any one of our typically mediocre sites...

Steve Forslund, with breakfast in hand
What would Steve Forslund have done? Here is a hint: he wouldn't have gotten a ride back to town for lunch, he would either be going cross country all day until dark to get a 32km flight, or he would be at a bar trying to talk people into starting a flying commune with him as their charismatic leader.

So, tomorrow is another day - see, I really am an optimist. (But off the record, I think we are going to go XC...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home