Thursday, January 04, 2007

Buffalo Tandem

Yesterday Heike arranged to have Franz, her 80 year old step father, go for a tandem with Fred Gungl. Franz doesn't look a day over 60. His Tandem ride was a 2 hour long XC flight that went over the top of Mt. Buffalo and up to cloud base several times. Franz was ecstatic for the rest of the day - he is an amazing man.

I watched Fred and Franz climb out from low over Mount Buffalo and I wasn't brave enough to go in that low, but I'm not the Australian National Champ either. I hope I can still fly when I get to Franz' age.

Today we had short flights in high wind, the thermals weren't coming together enough to get away. I got to try a Nova Tycoon, and it is a nice ship. Tomorrow is the Mystic cup, but the winds may still be a factor in the comp happening.
I heard the weather in Manilla has been bad, but the flying is back on, yesterday Brian Webb flew 85 km.

Tschuss!

Photos courtesy Glen Thompson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home