Monday, January 01, 2007

How I make Cloud Streets

We got back to Bright in time to celebrate the New Year. The drive from Manilla to Bright takes a full day and as we drove we had a sinking feeling that we left one day too early. During the entire 1000 kilometer drive the sky was covered with perfect cloud streets. The same thing happened on the drive up....

After we got back, I checked around and sure enough, Phil Hystec went 180 kilometers from Beechmont, a guy named Franz went 150 kilometers from Manilla, the fires backed off near Bright and Mystic saw its first good day since we left, in fact the flying was epic all across Australia.

Every time we leave a flying site and drive all day, the flying gets really good everywhere. It has happened so many times now, that other people are noticing it and they are planning their flying days around our travel plans.

Just today I got an email from the Australian team inquiring whether there was any possibility that I could help out by travelling during the entire World Championships - the email even hinted at helping pay for petrol.

A couple more 12 hour days behind the wheel and I will have enough proof that I can actually control the weather. Then maybe I could ask the other National Teams to sponsor me to drive somewhere during the Worlds.

Maybe Red Bull would let me drive one of their little tanker cars around...

If I could just figure out how to make the clouds appear like that when I went flying...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home