Sunday, January 07, 2007

Far and Blue

Yesterday it was windy and it rained, which just about makes people dance in the streets. The rain is good for suppressing the bush fires too, which are of very little concern to us now.

There were no clouds in the sky this morning, but the humidity was around 70%, and we have had lots of cloud lately, so we were wondering if there was an inversion that was capping the thermals.

We got up the hill pretty late, but it seemed like no one was in a hurry, and lots of people were on the hill today. I got to demo the Nova Tycoon, and turned out to be a good day for getting a feeling on how it flies.

As I write this, people are still flying out to the flatlands, so I expect someone made it to Wangaratta or beyond. I opted to do a 43km loop and when I turned around, I had a good 20km into the wind return to Mystic. I used a lot of bar and never lost the wing, amen. Just outside of the town of Porepunkah I had a sweet low save - I saw a pilot walking out below me - I was glad I got to share it with someone...

Back at the LZ, there was a nice thermal lifting off so I went for one last climb for the day.

Tomorrow I will post more about the long flights people had today.

Hasta Pronto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home