Saturday, December 26, 2009

Clouds from Heaven

Yesterday was good - really good.  Not very often do we get light winds and really good cloud streets, but we got both yesterday.  

The cu was popping at 9am, but the forecast didn't look that great - we are under a trough system and that's usually not good, but occasionally it can be great.  We weren't planning on flying as the forecast was so average, but it changed dramatically about 11am and so we got to launch quite late, and took off after 1pm - loosing at least 1.5 hours of the day.

I dialed in the big triangle as my route, 125km, and started on my way.  It was slow going all the way out to Gundowring, and coming home was fast but it was late, 5:00pm.  The happy valley was totally blue, from Eurobin to the Pines, not one cloud, so I decided not to try for the tobacco sheds at Myrteford, so the 125km triangle would have to wait for another day.

The best clouds were on the east side of the Kiewa valley, if you could get to 2000 meters, you could just blast along the bottoms, no turns necessary.

Heike was following me in her car, which is probably why I kept going, usually I am more conservative, as hitching home from the Kiewa can take hours.  Thanks love!

From Kancoona, I flew almost to the burrs and then to Mystic paddock, 109 km triangle.  Today looks ok, but tomorrow looks to be another great day, so I'm taking the day off.

cheers mates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home