Friday, January 19, 2007

Manilla Again

Yesterday we drove from Bright to Manilla, it took 12 hours. You need AC for that drive. Today it was quite flyable, nice Cu, but it wasn't a 200 km day, so what is the point? (I'm joking).

We are staying at JJ's house and he wanted to go for a fly, so I drove him up the hill at about 3 pm. He challenged me to a race, to see who could get back to Manilla first, him on this Paraglider or me in his car - those are my kind of odds!

He climbed out right off launch and I even let him get high before I got back in his car. His van goes amazinlgy fast - it's a turbo diesel, and it even catches air! I soundly clobbered him, and his car should be ok (I hope).

The forecast looks like a switch to South early in the week, and that could mean some good air is on the way.

Stay Tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home