Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Yackandandah or Tangambalanga?

Australian Lore for the Day:
Australia has some interesting town names - to a tourist like me, they are interesting enough that when I see the road signs, I say "STOP THE CAR!" and I jump out with my camera and take a picture. I must admit, I feel pretty stupid being seen taking a picture of a road sign - as if my accent doesn't make me stick out enough - I might as well wear a T-shirt that says TOURIST on it.

I am staying in a town called Wandiligong. Yackandandah, Tangambalanga and Talangatta are not far away...

Paragliding is hazardous to your health:
Yesterday was a very strange day for weather here in the state of Victoria, Australia. A trough was parked over us and the sky was very overcast and it was the hottest day this summer - 37 celsius or 98 Fahrenheit for the yanks. The wind was very gusty, which kept us out of the sky.

Thunderstorms were in the forecast, and lightning has set off many fires, the big ones are far away, but some smaller fires nearby are making the air hazy. The flying conditions are set to improve, and we should be beepin' our way to base soon!

Brett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home