Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's been a long time

The Bright Open 2011 is less than a month away, and besides the Canungra Cup in October, I haven't flown much this year.  A lot has changed since last year - the big one is we moved up to SE Queensland and are just now getting settled into our new house in Currumbin Valley...

A few other things have happened, one is I just passed by 1000 hours on a paraglider, it doesn't mean a whole lot, but it does mean I have survived a lot of crazy shit.

The flying in Canungra is quite different than Bright.  Most of the years I was in Bright were during a drought, so the conditions were definitely strong, the last year in Bright it was very wet and so the flying was more pleasant, but the season seemed to be shorter.

It's very wet in Queensland, right now the flooding up north of us is making the world news, and of course the wet ground around Canungra means you have to have a whole lot of patience to go XC, and that is something I am not very good at but will be learning more about..

The harness tweeks I spoke about in my last post are paying off, the nose of the pod is pointing down finally and  I like the feeling of the setup much better.

Hope you all are getting good flights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home